Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Topic of my first blog:

BIBLE BANGERS!!


Really, I mean that in the nicest non evil way possible...okay, I lied, maybe I don't. I hate sitting in my nice quiet house, enjoying the last few mins before I have to go pick up my kid, only to hear 'tap tap tap' on the side door...I go to answer thinking it's probably the girl I work with coming over to chat...but no, it's two ladies carrying bibles. They weren't looking when I got to the door (we don't have a curtain) so I quickly turned and walked the other way and back to my computer...yes, I am going straight to hell, in a really ugly hand basket.

I have no problem with religion and people who really enjoy their church and want other people to enjoy their church...but please DO NOT COME TO MY DOOR!! I don't go door to door and try to convince people that spending Sunday morning in church is a waste of time b/c it's the perfect time to catch up on my DVR. I don't try to sell you crap you don't want while you are enjoying your dinner or your quiet afternoon at home. Please, do not interrupt my day for crap I don't need. It's rude, is it God's way to be rude? Is that in that bible of yours?! Plus, since when do we need to SELL religion?

And yes, that is how I see it. I went to church as a kid, my parents made me. I didn't mind it, I did the whole sunday school thing, sang in the choir, went to church camp...do I remember a damn thing? nope. I remember the boys at camp were cute, I remember getting yelled at on Sunday b/c we wanted to sit in the balcony and the old bitties wanted nothing more then to stomp on anything that looked like fun. Anyway, I digress, back to selling religion. I always thought that this was something that just was...not something that you had to advertise with huge billboards and churches the size of my parents neighborhood. Is that necessary? Does God love you more b/c you have a bigger church?

I don't get it.

Come to think of it, if I'm going to hell anyway, I should have had some fun with it and offered those ladies a joint, you know, to take the edge off. They are walking around borderline.ghetto.ville, trying to save all of us sinners and evil doers. I'm sure they could use SOMETHING. hmmm...more to come later on the subject...I don't even have time to get into how many hypocrites claim to be good Christians.

No comments: