Sunday, June 29, 2008

Random thoughts of the day

Random thought 1.

I have no drama in my life. None. Zero. Zilch.
And you know what? I love it! My marriage isn't perfect and my life isn't perfect (and lord knows my house is FAR from perfect) but there is no drama. No fights, no craziness. Yes, some annoying family members and the occasional disagreement over stupid stuff, but nothing that would make for good reality tv. It just works for us. I don't surround myself with people who bring drama in to my life...it's not worth it.

Which brings me to Random thought 2.

Have you ever had someone hurt you and years later you can't seem to get over it?

I realized today that 6 years before Ian was born was about the time I was telling my parents I was pregnant with Aiden. I don't remember the exact date but I was in a wedding at the end of May and it was a week or two later that I finally took a test.
I called off work and told Jared the next morning. That evening we told my parents and on our way home I called my best friends. One of them said something that really hurt me and 6 years later I still find myself thinking about it. We're still best friends but I think something changed for me in that moment. Something in our friendship changed and I don't think it'll ever be the same. I love her dearly and I know she would do anything for me, and I would do anything for her, but it's...different. Do I forgive her? Of course, but I can't forget.

1 comment:

Karol said...

To forgive is to help you heal. Apparently it still hurts you to think of it. Forgive, but like you said you'll never forget. Love you woman, and I really hope that wasn't me!