Monday, August 4, 2008

Awesome Mom Monday!

So who is the Awesome Mom this week?

Natalie

I have to say, I am extremely lucky to have friends with kids the same age as mine who are not only wonderful women but also amazing mothers. Natalie and I have been friends since 7th grade Science class, that is almost 15 years of friendship. Back then we never would have imagined we would be where we are, but I don't think either of us would change it.

What qualifies Natalie for Awesome Mom Monday? Where do I start?
When you find out your are pregnant as a 20 year old college student in a relationship you're not even sure is working anymore, it's a scary thing. She didn't freak out (okay, maybe a little...but who wouldn't?) she did what was best for her and for her daughter, and that happened to be getting out of that relationship and becoming a single mother. She is probably one of the strongest women I know and also one of the greatest. I can not even put in to words how much I look up to her for what she has managed to accomplish for herself and for her daughter in the past 6 years.

She worked full time while finishing college and managed to raise a beautiful and wonderful little girl. She does more for that little girl then most families I know who have both a mother and a father full time. She gives that little girl everything she possibly can and loves her more then the world. She strives everyday to do what is best and while she's stumbled along the way and made mistakes like every woman and mother does, at the end of the day, that little girl is one of the luckiest I know.

3 comments:

natalie said...

awww, stace!! making me cry on a monday?? tsk, tsk! ;)

thank you for that! you're the best.

Karol said...

Yay for Natalie!

I love you lady!

JenM said...

Aw, Stacy, what a sweet post! Your friend sounds like a great Mom, and I peeked and her blog and think she sounds awesome.