Monday, August 4, 2008

Weight Watchers update

So I decided to start WW today...the weekend was just not the best time to start. (The weekend, btw, was fabulous. Pictures coming in another post.)

So far I really like it, it's sort of a game to figure out how many points are in what I already eat. Some things I'm trying to cut out completely and others I can still have, I just need to have less. My first goal is to hit 159lbs.

I haven't made it back to the gym yet, I know...shame shame. I'm working on it.

In other news, we're now debating on if I'm going to go back to work. It's all up in the air at the moment. Part of me wants to go back b/c I liked having something that was mine and that I was good at...other then just 'mom' stuff. I love being a mom, but it was nice to get out of that role for a few hours a day. And really, I have a cake job. I make my own schedule, I can work 3-4 days a week and I don't have to worry about getting fired or getting in trouble if I need to stay home with one of the boys. On the other hand, there is a lot that I hate about my job...the fact that there is no rhyme or reason to anything and that I work with people who make me want to rip my hair out.

Regardless, we're still running the numbers...but as it stands now, for me to work 3 days a week after taxes, childcare and gas I'll actually bring home a whole $200/month. It's ridiculous that I'll drive 60 miles a day when I work 1 block from my house. (we drive Ian to my parents house for my mom to watch him)

Ahh...well, I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Karol said...

:cracking the whip: Get a move on to the gym sister!!

I know you're going to do this, are you're going to get healthy!

I hope you two figure out the work situation. Good luck!

Fifty K said...

I hope the WW works out for you. I'm doing sparkpeople so I totally get the thing about counting and making it like a game.

Good luck with the work thing. That would be a hard decision to make.