Monday, November 10, 2008

Am NOT a Rock Star!

I turned 28 on Wednesday. Yippie, right?

Well Saturday was my birthday celebration. We started out with Mexican and Margaritas. Did someone mention weight watchers? Yea...let's not talk about that.




After 3 margaritas and a plate of enchiladas, all of which were heavenly, we headed over to shoot some pool. Okay, the boys played pool the girls drank and talked...and drank some more. Some of the memorable moments of the night:

Jared and Rick's "bro-mance"


Karol saying "I'm tired, I'm going home and going to sleep...I hope he knows that"


The never ending picture



Shots...and more shots


Karol telling us all to burn in hell at one point or another...for a number of reason, one being when I asked if she wanted me to take my shoes off so I'd be as short as her...b/c you know, I'm SO much taller. *cough cough*



Katie...being Katie!


All in all it was a fun night...even when I couldn't get in the car. Literally. Could.not.get.in. My mind and my body were not in sync and it wasn't helping that I was laughing uncontrollably.


Am.Not.A.Rock.Star



The whole ride home I kept saying I could only see straight if I closed one eye. Thank god for a DD.
I came home to a spinning head but every time Jared had the nerve to suggest I just go hurl and get it over with, I told him to hush and not even say the word.
Needless to say, I did end up praying to the porcelain god and I think I may have passed out,in the bathroom, leaning against the toilet at some point. Good think Jared isn't as evil as I am b/c I totally would have taken pics if it were him.

I will mention the reason my husband rocks now...when the room stopped spinning enough for me to get up, there was water, sprite and 3 advil waiting for me on the sink...and my side of the bed was ready for me to just crawl under the blankets and pass out. No, he didn't hold my hair, but seriously, I didn't want anyone near me at that point.
I also got french toast for breakfast...in bed...at noon.

It was fabulous...minus the headache b/c I didn't listen and actually take the advil like a good girl. The idea of putting anything in my stomach my head spin again.

4 comments:

Fifty K said...

Sounds like a great bday. I plan on doing something similar this year for 31! Am not a rock star either.

Brooke said...

It looks like you had a blast! Did I mention I'm jealous about the mexican and margaritas?

andrea said...

fun fun! i have never been a rock star... so i feel ya on that one! but how sweet of the hubs :)

Anonymous said...

What a night! Sounds like it was a blast, except for the puking part. Wish I could have been there. And 2 gold stars for Jared. What a sweet hubby!