Saturday, November 29, 2008

Where did my sweet boy go?

Once upon a time there was this sweet, polite almost shy little boy...and then he learned to talk.

And as if that wasn't bad enough, he just kept getting older and learned more and more words and phrases that make mommy want to lock him in his room...or cry. (like Mommy, I don't like you)

I came home from shopping with my cousin and the still quiet one only to find out the big one was napping. After 2 nights with Grandma No Rules I'm sure he needed it.

He got up and graced us with his presence around 5:45, I showed him the super cool Hulk PJ's I bought him, he cuddled...life was grand.

And then, he woke up.

I told him we'd hit the red box and let him pick a movie to watch tonight. Once he finally got his shoes, socks and coat on...we were walking out the door. He wanted to take Bumblebee (Transformers for those of you who are not boy toy savvy) I said no b/c we were going 2 mins down the road and he wouldn't take it in the store anyway.
Wrong answer.
Freak out.

Finally get to the car and ask him to get buckled. Another freak out...he wants his seat. Which is in the jeep, in the garage. It's dark, it's cold...the garage is creepy. Just get in the car, it's fine. He's borderline big enough to be able to ride without it anyway.
Wrong answer again
More freak out.

Mommy turns the car off and goes inside, he follows...more screaming ensues.

Seriously. WTF!?

After a time out in his room and a nice long chat about why we're not going to the store...he's in the bath tub and I'm going to enjoy Sierra Mist with Cranberry and Malibu. Maybe it won't be such a bad night after all.

No comments: