Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meal Planning Update

I'm actually doing okay at this whole meal planning. I'm using google calendar and I set the menu as I find recipes I like. It's helping me branch out of my everyday boring standby meals. (Spaghetti, Roast, Hamburger Helper...don't judge...) Today I have Apple Cinnamon Pork Roast in the crockpot. Last night was Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup and Tater Tots. The night before...Chicken with Artichokes and Mushrooms.

Tomorrow...Beef with Red Wine and Mushrooms
Friday...Left overs
Saturday...date night, going out (otherwise it'll be Cheese and Wine stuffed Chicken)
Sunday...BBQ Beef and Bean sandwiches

It's helping my grocery bill, keeping hubby happy...and I like trying out new stuff. It's kind of fun, especially when it doesn't taste like crap. Although I have to say, Aiden is not all that happy about the lack of chicken nuggets lately.

Wish me luck today, this is the third or fourth pork recipe I've tried, the others haven't come out so well. I can do pork chops...but pork roast, not so much.

No comments: