Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Longest update ever, sorry

It's been a whirl wind of a few days!!

The weekend started out great...hit up yard sales, started organizing for my own yard sale, Thing1 had his first soccer game and won (even though they don't actually keep score). The weather was beautiful and things were going pretty smoothly.

At 2:30 on Sunday my mom called just as I was getting ready to head over there and pick up Thing1. My dad had gone camping with 'the boys' and while driving home started having some severe stomach/chest pains. He managed to drive himself to the hospital and checked in to the ER. He was there and not doing so well, could I come and get her and drive her out there. So, I picked her up, left the boys with daddy and off we went.
Now, before you think it, no it's not the swine flu. Come on, don't deny it...anytime someone turns up ill you think way back in the back of your mind that just maybe they've got the swine...well no worries folks, no swine here.

Long story short, his small intestine had a kink in it. He was in extreme pain and was given every pain med under the sun until they found a combo that worked...this from the man who doesn't even like to take nyquil for a cold.
They put a tube through his nose and down his throat to try and get it unblocked (at the time they didn't know for sure what was causing the block). It was one of the hardest things to see my dad like that. I expect this stuff from my mom, she rarely goes a year without some kind of hospital stay...but my dad, never. He's the invincible one...he's the one that just keeps going, no matter what.
He was transferred to his local hospital that evening where we got to hang out in the HALL for 3 1/2 hours before he finally got in to his room. Yep, no beds so we were in "hall 2", the guy next to us was "hall 1" and had been in the ER for 6 hours when we left. If I end up needing to be in the hospital, I told Handsome Hubby to send me to the first one. It was in a tiny little town, it was spotless and quiet and nice. I want to go there, even if it is 45 mins away.

Dad is still in the hospital but should be home tomorrow, the kink is working it's way out and the tube is out now. Still no idea why it happened but he's doing better so that's what matters. Of course he smokes a pack or more a day and hasn't had a cigarette since 11am on Sunday. Needless to say, he's a little grumpy.

Hmmm...what else.

Oh... I got my "my favorite things" swap package and it rocks. I'll dedicate a whole post to that this week!

AND!!!! Ian took STEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES! Only 2, walking between my cousin and I...but definite steps. Today he's been standing on his own for a minute or so at a time, he then realizes what he's doing and plops down in graceful infant style, on his butt. That folks, is the real reason those diapers are padded...otherwise, they'd have bruised bottoms all the time!! He's getting too big, too fast.

I got a sneak peek at my blog design tonight...it rocks, I can't wait for the finished product!

Have a good night, I'm crawling in to bed with my book now.

1 comment:

*Noelle* said...

sorry to hear about your dad, how scary! is he doing better? yay for ian walking:) can't wait to hear more about that swap package that ROCKS! lol

noelle ♥