Friday, February 12, 2010

Statute of Limitations

I was at the mall the other day, have I mentioned that I hate the mall? I bought a bunch of shower gel during Bath and Body's buy 3 get 3 free sale before Christmas. Problem was, they didn't have the one scent that I love...a friendly sales girl told me to just buy any 6 and then come back to exchange them. Yea, 2 months later I got around to it.

Anyway, I did that and I had to pick up a sweeper belt from Sears. Where I managed to leave my wallet on the desk and was paged to please return to the vacuum department. I know, I know...you are so incredibly jealous of my fabulous WAHM life. It's okay, it's hard being me. As I was heading to the food court to stuff my face eat lunch I noticed a couple holding hands. Nothing uncommon for the mall really but he was sporting a letterman's coat so of course that got me to thinking why they weren't in school. It was, after all, the middle of a weekday. Glancing over I realized that his jacket from from '06.

I'm not an expert since I didn't do anything worthy of a letter in HS (unless you count mat stat, which, I don't) but I'm pretty sure there is some kind of statute of limitations on how long it is socially acceptable to wear said jacket. In highschool? Acceptable. Summer after graduation? SURE. 3.5 years later?! Really, I'm fairly certain that once you are old enough to drink, it's time to pack that thing away until your 25 year HS reunion when you want to see if you still fit in to it.


Thoughts?



**I shouldn't even admit this but I will. I totally spelled it Statue of Limitations the first time and almost left it. Hello, dumbass**

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Um yes. Agreed. NOthing like trying to relieve the glory days.

andrea said...

i didn't know it was even still appropriate to wear those when you were IN high school....

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

duh.. you are right it was a different fave things swap we did!! LOL i feel like a do-do now:)

anyway, i am just glad we became buds for whatever darn swap it was!!