Tuesday, May 18, 2010

After 2 you'd think it would stop.

So, when are you having another one?

Another margarita? Now, thanks.
Another cupcake? I'll have that with my rita, I think.
Another haircut? Yea, I really should make an appointment.
Another human being emerge from my vagina? Um, not.going.to.happen.

So please, please for the love of all things holy, stop asking. 

No, I don't need to have a girl. Yes, I drool over adorable pink hats and patent leather shoes...but no, I am not going to "go for 3" just to see if I will have the opportunity to max out my Target card on adorable little baby girl sun dresses. 

I love babies, I do. I love my boys. I do not NEED or WANT another one. My car? It fits 2 kids nicely. My house? Yep, fits 2 nicely. I have 2 hands, one for each kid while crossing the street. My paycheck? Yep, it's good for 2 kids. 


If you want to have more, go for it. More power to ya. Really. I think kids are great, I think big families are amazing. I am in awe of the parents who can pull it of...truly, I am. I am just not one of them. 


After the 2nd child you would THINK it would get better. I mean, everyone expects you to have a second...so of course they annoy the hell out of you ask when you are going to start trying. I'm not sure why people think this is acceptable. I mean, it's not like I go up to random people and ask if they plan on having sex that night....so why is it when you have kids it's suddenly okay to ask when you plan on banging your husband and getting knocked up again? 
Why is it that since I have 2 boys it automatically means we should have another baby? I'm not going to lie, my heart wasn't 100% sold on not having anymore until recently. My head, yep it's been on board for about 2 years now. My heart? Not so much. 
Until I thought I might be pregnant, and I was scared.to.death. Way more scared then I was the first time around when I was unmarried, living with my boyfriend who had an unstable job. I went into panic mode and literally did a happy dance when not 1 but THREE tests showed I was certainly not sharing my body with another human being.

So, just to put this subject to rest. We are not having anymore babies. We are not going to try for a girl...and I will not be held responsible for my actions if certain family members do not stop asking!
 


1 comment:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

LOL!!! I think you are in denial and you really want a 3rd.... TOTALLY KIDDING!!!

I know what you mean, "oh you have 2 boys... are you gonna try for a girl/"... is what people tell me ALL the time! i'm like "NO, can't have anymore, too risky, tubes are tied, and these 2 monsters are plenty for me. ANNNND.... the odds are ME having a GIRL aren't good, it's be another NAUGHTY LIL BOY!!"

that shuts them up quick!!

(however a mini red headed mama would be SUPER cute!!) LOL!!