Friday, December 3, 2010

Must.Stop.Shopping

I'm not a big spender, I usually weigh my purchases and buy what we need. Well, except for my crack Starbucks addiction. I love finding good deals and saving money. Seriously, it's orgasmic. Especially when it's something that I normally don't find on sale.

And this my friends, is the reason my eldest child has SIX new lego sets put aside for Christmas. That doesn't even include the ones my mom picked up for him. Honestly, I'm just thrilled he's requesting something that actually gets played with and won't end up in the bottom of the toy box the way last years "must have" pile of plastic crap toy did.

I'm a big fan of Christmas but I'm not a big fan of buying every single "hot toy" out there. Aiden makes a list, he chooses 3 things from his list to ask Santa for. Usually one bigger item and 2 smaller things. This year it was a remote control car, Wimpy Kid do it yourself diary and legos. The problem with the legos, aside from randomly finding character sets that they clearance off they're rarely on sale. Except at Christmas. Oh, Christmas and the sale of Legos. I haven't paid full price yet, and damn those Amazon Lightning deals for sucking me in!

So, what are your kids asking for this year?
What's the best deal you've found?

I didn't do black friday but I was all over Cyber Monday. :) I am officially finished shopping for my kids, I need 1-2 small things for my parents, a GC for my brother and his girlfriend and that's it. I'm D.O.N.E DONE. On December 3rd.
If you hear that I'm shopping, slap me or something. I really do need to stop, damn those sales...and that extra 15% off the Kohl's sales this weekend. Ugh. Going to be the death of me!


No comments: