Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh, it's going to be an interesting 16+ years

My boys are 5.5 year apart. That's a pretty decent gap and you'd THINK they wouldn't fight as much as siblings closer in age...but o.m.g. They are going to drive me to drink, more then I already do. (Because let's not kid ourselves, I love me some margaritas)

All.day.long I hear screaming from one and whining from the other and 90% of the time, it's the almost 8 year old that ends up in tears since Ian has decided he wants a role on True Blood as the youngest vampire.

Today they were being boys, which basically means full body contact wrestling in the middle of the living room. I'm not sure what happened but I turned just in time to see Ian attempt to whack Aiden up side the head with a toy. I told him no, he looked at me, looked at Aiden...looked back at me, smiled, and then threw something at Aiden's head. Aiden grabbed his eye and turned all "omg I'm dying" dramatic on me. Don't worry, he was fine. Ian then walked over to me.

"Mommy"
"Yes, Ian?"
"I'm out" (Time out for those of you that don't speak 2.5 year old)
"Time Out?"
*shakes head*
"Do you need to sit in time out?"
*shakes head and plops himself on the step with a grin*

I guess it's time to find a new punishment for hitting/biting b/c time outs? Yea, they are SO 6 months ago.

I see many trips to the ER in my future with this one.
Also? I see a few trips to the police station because I can just see the wheels turning in his pre-delinquent mind. "hmm, sure I'll get in trouble but damn will it be a good time"

It's easier to ask forgiveness then permission, isn't that how the saying goes?



No comments: