Sunday, January 22, 2012

Friends

I'm trying really hard to concentrate on my friends that love me, warts and all. I have some friends that I truly love dearly and for some reason, they don't feel the same. I dwell on it, I wonder why, I want to know what happened or what went wrong. Part of me wants to ask what happened but the other part of me says that the people in my life that matter, are the ones that are here. The ones that want to know how I'm doing, what's going on in my life and take the time to check in.

We're all grown ups with our own real problems and our own not so real problems. We all lose track of what's important, we forget to return a text or a phone call, time goes by and we realize that we haven't had a good old fashion laugh until you cry night out with the girls in far too long. The friends that matter, the friends that are worth keeping around are the ones you can call and they'll be sitting next to you, laughing until you cry, as if no time has passed. Those are the people I want in my life. Those are the friends, the family, that matter. The rest? The rest are just filler on my facebook page.

My question is, what happens when someone goes from being the real friend to the filler friend? How do you accept that and move on? I don't like it, but at the same time, I don't think I have a choice in changing it.

Wine, maybe I should stop drinking it. It makes me sappy. I'll stick to margaritas, those make me feisty. ;)



No comments: