Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Opinions

We all know the saying about opinions, right? Yea, I thought so.
Love me some Wonka

Here's the thing, when and if I ask for your opinion, I hope you give me an honest one. Does this make me look fat, do you like this color on me, do you think I need to pluck my eyebrows? These things, please, be a friend and tell me the truth. Do not tell me what I want to hear to spare my feelings. I'm a big girl, I can take it. I have a few friends that I can always count on to tell me how it is, even when they disagree with me. These are the women we all need in our lives. Fact.

All of that aside, if I'm not asking for your opinion, I don't really need it. I mean if you want to tell me I look hot in that new dress or that I have mad crafting skills because of my kick ass birthday party planning skills...well then sure, bring it on. However, if it's just an every day conversation and you have something negative to say, please just keep it to yourself. I do not need or want negativity. There are plenty of things I see and hear every single day that I would love to comment on, but I don't. I sit politely and if I'm going to complain, I do it the way good girls were taught...on the phone with my friends in the privacy of my own home.

This is just a friendly PSA for everything, from parenting to clothes to decorating to car choices. If you don't like it, fine, but if you're not asked your opinion, please keep it to yourself.



1 comment:

andrea said...

can i just give a big fat DITTO to this?!