Saturday, January 9, 2016

Walk down memory lane


Aiden's birthday always makes me think back to when I first found out I was pregnant. We'd been together 3 years, we were living together and even though we hadn't talked about it, I think we both figured this was it. I honestly don't remember what I felt back then. I was happy, I was busy working multiple jobs, I was just enjoying life. What I do remember is buying a test after work and going home to take it. I don't remember which job Jared had at the time but I know he got home really late. I want to say maybe he was baking muffins for Perkins and worked some kind of crazy shift. I know that I set my alarm that night for work and went to bed. When the alarm went off I got out of bed and called off sick, then crawled back in and waited for him to wake up.

When he finally woke up I remember telling him and crying. I didn't know what we'd do or how he'd take it. We were young, we didn't have a plan for the future, we very much lived in the moment. In that moment though, and the following minutes, hours, he showed me just why I fell in love with him. Why it was going to be okay. Why I could spend the rest of my life with him by myside. He pulled me close and kissed my head "why are you crying? Isn't this supposed to be a happy thing?" I laughed and hugged him as tight as I could. From that day on, it was a happy thing.

Our life hasn't always been perfect, we've had our share of ups and downs but we've always had each other. No matter what we always know who has our back. I look at my now teenager and he's so much of the good in both of us. He's kind and considerate, he's loyal and trustworthy, he's funny and sarcastic. He's my baby and he's taught me so much about myself, about the mother I want to be, about the friend I want to be...about the person I want to be.

I can't imagine my life any other way. People say that all the time and it sounds so cliche but it's so true.


happy 13th birthday!





No comments: