Monday, March 22, 2010

Random updates

Let's see...things around here are a little less cloudy. I wouldn't go so far as to say normal but really, who wants to be completely normal? That's kind of boring. Handsome Hubby and I have done a lot more talking lately, I've been more open then normal and actually speaking up when I'm happy, sad or annoyed. When I think something, I say it, rather then just keeping it to myself. Random example: I was coming upstairs to go to bed after a GH marathon, HH was walking out of the bathroom and back to our room in a pair of swishy pants and no shirt, I just caught a glimpse of him and he looked freaking HOT. Now, we've been together almost 11 years (next month) so I've seen him in every level of undress but something about that moment was just gorgeous. Normally I would grin and think that but I wouldn't say anything. Not b/c I was embarrassed to find my husband attractive, I don't really know why I wouldn't say anything. I just wouldn't. So, when I went to bed, I told him. Of course he laughed and totally thought I was joking, I had to reassure him that I was indeed being serious. It's little things like that, things that seem incredibly insignificant but once I start speaking up, I don't feel like there is so much going on in my head and it's easier to relax. So, when I get annoyed that he just dumped dirty blankets on top of the laundry basket of clean clothes, I say it. I think at times HH might be regretting the fact that his encouraged this whole new open and honest me.
There are still some aspects of my life where I bite my tongue and try to keep it to myself, I do still have a filter...and I use it. Probably too much, but hey, baby steps, right?

I think I mentioned before that my oldest stopped saying I Love You and it nearly broke my heart in to a million pieces. We started a tickle game where I had to tickle it out of him...and now he's decided that instead of I Love You, he says Blanket. I'll take it. As he gets older I'm kind of bummed about being right. When he was a baby/toddler he was a total mama's boy. He wanted nothing to do with HH and at times HH was hurt by that. I always told him that there would come a day when Daddy was the cool guy and mommy was chop liver. Well, unfortunately for me, that day has come. :/ I'm thrilled that he loves his daddy and thinks daddy is super cool (he is) and smart (definitely) but it also makes me sad that my little boy isn't such a little boy anymore...and that mommy is the uncool one.

As for the youngest, well, he's insane. I can't believe he turns 2 in just a few months. Oh, and he doesn't talk. No really, he doesn't. He babbles, he yells, he grunts and he can say 3 words: car, ball and nana. Once in awhile I get mama. He used to say dada but that has gone out the window. Some days this really bothers me, especially when I see other kids his age and younger speaking clearly and often...but I also know that his brother was the same way and that once they start, they don't stop. I know one day soon the flood gates will open and before I know it I'll have two mouthy boys instead of one that's mouthy and one that is just c.r.a.z.y.

1 comment:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

props to you for trying to be more open... i went through the same thing years ago. i would sit there "thinking" things that i wanted my hubby to know or do then get pissed when he didn't read my mind.

i too tell my hubby he's hot at random moments and he just rolls his eyes at me. he hasn't gotten the jist that i'd like a compliment back too! LOL!!

your boys are just so cute- so its ok that they can be stinkers... they are boys and mine are just as ornary!