Monday, June 21, 2010

I went to a wedding

Do you have friends that you don't talk to often and see even less...yet when you get together it's like you talk every day? Those are my Canadian girls. I love these girls. They're just GOOD people, ya know? Their families are awesome, and I know if I needed something they'd be there to help me out however they could. 6 years ago they made the drive down to come to MY wedding and it's something that meant a lot to me. So, when the one we call Moo decided to go and get herself hitched it was only natural that my BFF and I made our reservations and hopped in the car for a road trip. Kids and hubby left to fend for themselves!

First, let me give a quick trip review. We used priceline to book our hotel. It was cheap, we weren't expectly luxury, just a bed to sleep on. When we checked in to America's Best Value Inn (yes, on the Canadian side) we were first shocked at how far it was from the actual Falls. Not a huge deal for us since we know the area and weren't there for the tourist stuff, but calling this Niagara Falls was a bit of a stretch! Then, the lady with the broken arm at the desk wanted to charge us an additional $15 per night in order for us to have 2 beds instead of 1. Yep. My BFF hasn't learned that you catch more flies with honey...but I did sweet talk in her to $10/night extra. Still, annoying. I won't be staying there again...those beds, definitely NOT worth the extra cash.

We started the day with an afternoon ceremony but before we left, I had to play on the fun swings outside our room.

Notice the shoes? I make every excuse possible to wear those shoes.

Here is our signature picture


And this is what happens when I am left unattended.


And one more because I can't end this post without showing you how absolutely beautiful the bride and groom are! And well, the rest of us are pretty cute too :)



1 comment:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

u look so cute in that dress!! great pics and how fun to get to CANADA!!